Mid-February, the first blossoms of our camellia spring to life and reveal their beauty. When exactly this happens is determined by nature, not by human plans. Until mid to late April, visitors can come see the rich blossoms at the Camellia House for themselves.
The camellia is more than 250 years old and is regarded as the largest and oldest of its kind north of the Alps.
Anyone who can’t get enough beautiful blossoms can go next door to the Palm House, where they can admire Strelitzia, Protea, and the so-called Kangaroo Paws.
The house does not open during severe storms or cold weather.
Tickets for EUR 3.00 (EUR 2.50 reduced, free of charge for children up to the age of 16) are available at the Old Guard House visitor center, at the Camellia House, and from a machine in the Palm House. Tickets are valid for both the Camellia and Palm Houses.
|Date||Sat 16th Feb 2019 to Sun 14th Apr 2019 10:00 am - 17:00 pm|
|Suitable for children||Yes, without age restriction|
Arrival & map
Next City: Dresden (15 km)
By public transport
- bus line 63, stop Leonardo-da-Vinci-Strasse or Pillnitzer Platz
- left of the Elbe River: bus line 88 or tram line 2, both as far as terminus and then by ferry across the Elbe River
- from Pirna: bus line P, stop Leonardo-da-Vinci-Strasse or Pillnitzer Platz
- for further information, please, go to www.dvb.de
- interactive and multimodal planning of your trip at Greenmobility
- Come here by bus or rail
By steam ship
- The paddle wheel steamer of the Saxon Steamship Company (Saechsischen Dampfschifffahrt) stop directly at Pillnitz Palace - the most royal way to come here!
Sightseeing tour buses
Are you staying at Dresden for the first time? Just go on a sightseeing tour to visit all the highlights and cultural monuments of Dresden at once. www.stadtrundfahrt.com
By bike or on foot
Pillnitz Palace and Park is ideally situated for biking enthusiasts and hiking lovers. Just follow the Elbe River on the historic towing path (Treidelpfad) or the Elbe River cycling path. (Elberadweg www.elberadweg.de)
- via A4, exits Dresden Hellerau or Dresden Altstadt and further along the road to Pillnitz
- via A17, exit Pirna and further along the road towards Radeberg, exit Graupa, following the road to Pillnitz
- Leonardo-da-Vinci-Strasse parking lot (pay parking)
- Lohmener-Strasse parking lot (pay parking)
- limited parking facilities for disabled people near Pillnitz
Pillnitz Palace and Park
August-Böckstiegel-Straße 2 | 01326 Dresden
+49 (0) 351 2613-260