Pillnitz Games Weekend
- 29.08.2020 to 30.08.2020
09:30 - 18:00
- Pillnitz Palace and Park Show on map
- Vollzahler 5,00 € Ermäßigt 2,50 € Gruppe ab 10. Pers. 3,50 € p.P.
- Suitable for children:
- Yes, without age restriction
Augustus the Strong had made Pillnitz Manor a gift to his mistress Countess Cosel and celebrated his Baroque festivities there. There were occasions and mottos galore: capercaillie and heron falconry, namedays, birthdays, marksmen’s fairs, country weddings, water-side duck-chases, grape harvest and wine festivals. Play areas and games were set up in those times across the entire palace and park grounds. Today you would call it a kind of »Baroque Disneyland«. Everything served the sheer entertainment of the entourage – fancy-dress parties, skittles, swings, seesaws, merry-go-rounds and helter-skelters.
This year, too, a games weekend will be held at the Pillnitz Palace Park. On August 29 and 30, all visitors are welcome to try out historical games made of wood, between 9:30 am and 6:00 pm.
The he games require skill and teamwork, provide fun and thrill for all the family. The visitors of the Pillnitz Games Weekend may rediscover the history of Pillnitz Palace & Park while playing solitaire or hole and palace mazes, and – as the royals once used to do – pleasantly while away their time Embedded in the gorgeous Pillnitz Palace grounds, the games will become part of a wandering stroll of the senses through bygone times. Ladies and lords clad in noble dress will explain and take care of the games that can be played by up to eight people at the same time.
On occasion of the Pillnitz Games Weekend, the admission rate to the Park is € 5.00, the reduced rate and groups of more than ten € 3.50.
Children up to age 16 are admitted for free.
Holders of annual passes "Gartenfreund für 1 Jahr", of SKD annual passes/day tickets and of the schloesserlandPASS pay € 1.00.
The Games Weekend takes place on the Maillebahn (The Pall-Mall Alley); in bad weather in the Orangery.
|Date||29.08.2020 to 30.08.2020 09:30 - 18:00|
|Prices||Vollzahler 5,00 € Ermäßigt 2,50 € Gruppe ab 10. Pers. 3,50 € p.P.|
|Suitable for children||Yes, without age restriction|
Arrival & map
Next City: Dresden (15 km)
By public transport
- bus line 63, stop Leonardo-da-Vinci-Strasse or Pillnitzer Platz
- left of the Elbe River: bus line 88 or tram line 2, both as far as terminus and then by ferry across the Elbe River
- from Pirna: bus line P, stop Leonardo-da-Vinci-Strasse or Pillnitzer Platz
- for further information, please, go to www.dvb.de
- interactive and multimodal planning of your trip at Greenmobility
- Come here by bus or rail
By steam ship
- The paddle wheel steamer of the Saxon Steamship Company (Saechsischen Dampfschifffahrt) stop directly at Pillnitz Palace - the most royal way to come here!
Sightseeing tour buses
Are you staying at Dresden for the first time? Just go on a sightseeing tour to visit all the highlights and cultural monuments of Dresden at once. www.stadtrundfahrt.com
By bike or on foot
Pillnitz Palace and Park is ideally situated for biking enthusiasts and hiking lovers. Just follow the Elbe River on the historic towing path (Treidelpfad) or the Elbe River cycling path. (Elberadweg www.elberadweg.de)
- via A4, exits Dresden Hellerau or Dresden Altstadt and further along the road to Pillnitz
- via A17, exit Pirna and further along the road towards Radeberg, exit Graupa, following the road to Pillnitz
- Leonardo-da-Vinci-Strasse parking lot (pay parking)
- Lohmener-Strasse parking lot (pay parking)
- limited parking facilities for disabled people near Pillnitz
Pillnitz Palace and Park
August-Böckstiegel-Straße 2 | 01326 Dresden
+49 (0) 351 2613-260